Postcards of Summer by Han Wen
Earlier this week, New York based designer Han Wen launched his SS19 collection “Postcards of Summer” at Mailroom, a posh speakeasy-inspired cocktail lounge located in New York City.
The collection celebrates the wardrobe of a confident and independent woman whose curiosity compels her to explore, while finding strength in romance and nostalgia. The introduction of tailoring into this collection explores the rigidity of traditional menswear reimagined in soft, feminine fabrics and paired with hyper-feminine summertime dresses. Prints of manipulated maps and grids is featured throughout the collection and captures a sense of journey. On display throughout the night were eleven looks from the collection exhibited on all white mannequins.
Event guests were entertained by a DJ and style icon and sunglass entrepreneurs, Coco & Breezy were styled from head-to-toe in key looks from the collection. A special 3 minute song by guest star, Zak Leveer was performed following the premier of a short fashion film spotlighting “Postcards of Summer”, directed and produced by Oliver Lessard.
Attendees include Gabrielle Korn, Editor In Chief of Nylon, key fashion editors from Vogue US, Vogue It, NY Times, ELLE and Another Mag. Fashion Influencers; Jennifer Grace of The Native Fox, Claudia Salinas, Shaquille Adams, Denzel Bryan also attended along with Ziggy Mack Johnson and Nikolas Eftaxias, stylist and fashion editor of Schön! Magazine also joined the celebration.
Han Wen SS19 Short Film
- Crossroads of Collaboration - November 14, 2018
- C. Creations Introduces 70 NEW Designs for Infinity Fashion Show - November 13, 2018
- SYMON Wears Kamilla Purshie During Interview at The Pink Carpet Gala - November 7, 2018
- Mm-O-Dd Design Dare Challenge Highlights - November 7, 2018
- The Metropolitan Museum of Design Detroit Brings Strand to Design Dare Challenge - November 3, 2018
- Leather Meets Derby in Detroit Designer Collaboration - November 2, 2018
- Shinola and Disney Celebrate 90 Years of Mickey Mouse with the Launch of Mickey Classics Collection - November 1, 2018
- Detroit Fashion Museum Brings Illustrators and Fashion Designers Together for 2D3D Hero Design Challenge - October 30, 2018
- Albert Kriemler x Geta Brătescu: Bring Joy To Your Life! - October 27, 2018
- Naked Princess Unveils Rebrand to Le Marché by NP - October 26, 2018