There’s a fashionable student team in Ann Arbor recouping this week from an event they’ve been planning for months and they sure do deserve a week of rest and relaxation. The Michigan Fashion Media Summit led by Ali Gropper, President, Ryan Walker, COO, and Rachel Roth, CMO/Creative Director, took place Friday, April 13, 2018 at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The event was an exclusive all day event that featured pop-up shops from student designers, an awards ceremony, fashion panel discussions and networking.
Cultivated by a group of like-minded students who love fashion, the MFMS team invited professionals from the world’s top brands across the retail world including Tommy Hilfiger, M. Gemi, Shinola, Instagram, Madden Girl, Bandier, CFDA, Talbots, Michael Kors and many more for scheduled panel discussions.
The day was scheduled to begin with Gary Sheinbaum, Tommy HIlfiger CEO where his presentation was followed by business discussions with industry professionals, a sponsored lunch from Steve Madden, a Q & A with Rachel Zoe, and an afternoon keynote discussion between Olivia Palermo and Vogue’s Edward Barsamian.
After the afternoon keynote, Nathan Forbes closed the event discussing the future of brands and digital integration in terms of keeping up with social & digital times and how customers can and will be pleased with the progression of adaptation from our favorite brands. A fashion presentation from student models and fashions from Somerset Collection filled the room before the crowd gave a standing ovation to the fab 40 student planning team.
Here are a few fashionable students and attendees that brought their best fashion foot forward:
Congratulations to the MFMS Fashion Forward Showcase Class of 2018. These young entrepreneurs have taken significant strides in the fashion industry, were awarded a glass trophy during the event and showcased their work before 500+ industry leaders in attendance.
- Cole Stabnick – Co$t Projects
- Kate Whalen – Root Swim
- Dylan Skinner – Dylan Skinner Designs
- Toraki Maehata – Modern Man Journal
- Remi Lubcher – Snipped and Styled
- Harry Epstein – Gracious MFG
- Robina Rranza – Robina Rranza
- Benny Morris – A-List Designs
- Marley Lazarus – Beaded by Marley
- Sarah Agnone – Blue and Bella
MFMS can be followed on Instagram @UMFMS We look forward to MFMS 2019 next Spring. To search for more on this event use #MFMS2018 on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Detroit Fashion News Welcomes Two New Team Members - June 16, 2018
- 5 “It” Shoe Splurges You Should Be Wearing Right Now - June 13, 2018
- Serena Williams Launches Fashion Line for “Strong, Sexy, Sassy” Women - May 31, 2018
- Post-Royal Wedding Commentary from On-Site Correspondent Caroline Castigliano - May 19, 2018
- From the Kentucky Derby to Fashion Massacre; Cheryl Zemke is On a Roll - May 10, 2018
- Leslie Pilling; Founder of Blank iTTI Blank, MM-O-DD and Presence II Productions - April 18, 2018
- Kerry Washington’s Neutrogena Makeup Collection is now at Ulta.com - April 17, 2018
- Michigan Fashion and Media Summit Recap - April 16, 2018
- L’Oréal and Armani Renew Beauty Partnership - April 11, 2018
- Tradesy Acquires Fitz and Announces Closet Concierge - April 10, 2018