Michael Kors and Jimmy Choo? Yes, Please!
Industry insiders are sitting up and taking notice of Michael Kors, more now than ever before. Michael Kors has now become the primary shareholder of world-renowned British brand Jimmy Choo after agreeing to purchase the luxury brand for $1.2 billion.
Born in 1959, fashion designer Michael Kors is best known for designing classic American sportswear for women. In 2013, he was selected for ‘The Time 100’, the magazine’s impressive list of the 100 most influential people in the world. Fans love his designs and him as a personality especially after appearing for 10 seasons as a judge on the fashion-based reality television show “Project Runway”. But, is there enough love for Kors to make this new path successful? Forbes just recently reported Michael Kors’ sales have declined 11% after the last quarter and is in the process of closing 100-125 stand alone stores.
Time will only tell. Hopefully, this new avenue will help grow the brand more internationally. The Jimmy Choo brand is a successful one and will add some glam to the Michael Kors name bringing a different line up of customers with brand loyalty to Kors’ side of the court. Jimmy Choo offers 150 stores worldwide not to mention department stores and an online presence.
Founded in 1996 by Malaysian fashion designer Jimmy Choo and British fashion journalist Tamara Mellon, the Jimmy Choo brand has grown to be one of the world’s most famous brands when it comes to luxury shoes, designer handbags, and accessories.
We hope this purchase of Jimmy Choo will bring great success to the Kors brand. What are your thoughts on the merge? Good fit or Big gamble?
*Disclosure – This post is a sponsored post and may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Detroit Fashion News and allow us to keep reporting on all things fashionable.
- Get Involved: The Ultimate Pink & Black Gala - November 8, 2017
- Stacy London on Refinery29’s UnStyled - October 30, 2017
- Stacy London on Fashion, Self-Awareness, and Sci-Fi - October 23, 2017
- 360Fashion & Tech Exhibition “Visibility and Mobility” - October 15, 2017
- Xquisitelooks: 1st Annual Detroit Business & Beauty Expo - October 9, 2017
- Curv Bella Hosts Holiday Gala and Fashion Show - October 9, 2017
- Stacy London at FashionSpeak 2017 - October 6, 2017
- Zuvaa Presents: The Rahyma Trunkshow - September 1, 2017
- Joe Faris: Motor City Design Co. - August 25, 2017
- Moniquee Sobocinski: Night of Hope’s Featured Jewelry Designer - August 22, 2017