Roberto Cavalli, the Italian luxury label confirmed Wednesday that the house’s new creative director Paul Surridge will start immediately in his new position. Surridge will be replacing Peter Dundas who left the fashion house in October 2016.
Surridge is British born and will have have creative responsibility for all of Cavalli’s brands. The designer also worked under Calvin Klein in the ’90s, with Christopher Bailey at Burberry, and at Jil Sander under Raf Simons. His experience at Jil Sander is where he crossed professional paths with Cavalli’s CEO Gian Giacomo Ferraris believe it or not.
Cavalli will debut his first collection for the brand with the women’s spring 2018 collection in Milan this coming September. This will be Surridge’s first big launch in his new position.
Photo – Robertocavalli.com
*Disclosure – This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Detroit Fashion News and allow us to keep reporting on all things fashionable.
Shannon is one of Detroit’s top social media influencers, a fashion leader and a beauty buff who exudes professionalism and knowledge on all three subjects. She is the CEO of The Lazov Agency and the owner of glamorousmoms.com & detroitfashionnews.com. She loves to promote products and brands she adores and is a trusted voice. Shannon has been awarded the Elite 40 under 40 award and has been featured on Fox 2 Detroit, WDIV Channel 4, Styleline Magazine and Metro Parent Magazine. When you meet her, ask her about her handbag and shoe collection!
(Headshot Photo – Dan Lippitt)
- Get Involved: The Ultimate Pink & Black Gala - November 8, 2017
- Stacy London on Refinery29’s UnStyled - October 30, 2017
- Stacy London on Fashion, Self-Awareness, and Sci-Fi - October 23, 2017
- 360Fashion & Tech Exhibition “Visibility and Mobility” - October 15, 2017
- Xquisitelooks: 1st Annual Detroit Business & Beauty Expo - October 9, 2017
- Curv Bella Hosts Holiday Gala and Fashion Show - October 9, 2017
- Stacy London at FashionSpeak 2017 - October 6, 2017
- Zuvaa Presents: The Rahyma Trunkshow - September 1, 2017
- Joe Faris: Motor City Design Co. - August 25, 2017
- Moniquee Sobocinski: Night of Hope’s Featured Jewelry Designer - August 22, 2017