Claudia Schiffer’s first Guess ad appeared in 1989 and was shot by photographer, Ellen Von Unwerth. The ad was a hit even though many people didn’t realize Schiffer was wearing something other than Guess. Even so, the ad turned the brand into a new company that gave its fans a new outlook on its fashionable mission.
Recently celebrating its 30th anniversary, Guess recruited both Schiffer and Von Unwerth back to shoot a black and white Spring campaign. In the new campaign, Schiffer looks amazing wearing Guess and looks just as beautiful as she did in the original ad over 20 years ago.
Along with the new Spring campaign, Guess is also marking its anniversary with a capsule collection of reissued favorites. Fans can expect them in stores starting April 24, 2012.
Shannon Lazovski is the Founder & Editor of Detroit Fashion News. Find out more about one of Detroit’s top fashion bloggers here!
- Get Involved: The Ultimate Pink & Black Gala - November 8, 2017
- Stacy London on Refinery29’s UnStyled - October 30, 2017
- Stacy London on Fashion, Self-Awareness, and Sci-Fi - October 23, 2017
- 360Fashion & Tech Exhibition “Visibility and Mobility” - October 15, 2017
- Xquisitelooks: 1st Annual Detroit Business & Beauty Expo - October 9, 2017
- Curv Bella Hosts Holiday Gala and Fashion Show - October 9, 2017
- Stacy London at FashionSpeak 2017 - October 6, 2017
- Zuvaa Presents: The Rahyma Trunkshow - September 1, 2017
- Joe Faris: Motor City Design Co. - August 25, 2017
- Moniquee Sobocinski: Night of Hope’s Featured Jewelry Designer - August 22, 2017